This picture are the 4 families that a lovely woman judge in Kirov made very happy today -- 2 wonderful families from Germany, our Michigan friends, and us....
It took me a while to decide where to begin this post…I have tried to maintain humor throughout my postings, and today, while humor, smiles, and gratitude permeated the day, the feelings we had, and how to capture them, well, how do we begin to describe that?
After all, when two people experience together the realization of a dream – and the knowledge of all that led to that, the hope, support, generosity, and love of others that enabled it? For a lifetime this has been my goal.
And, for over a decade…
…I have had the incredible fortune and blessing to have an amazing man join me in that goal... and he has been an incredible rock, side by side with me in the race & pushing us forward when I had no strength to do so…
…We have had this incredible support of family, and friend who are family to walk a road that was far different from any one we could ever have expected…
…I have had the utter pleasure of an IA program, working and growing with an amazing team of women – and, together, we have come to know so many of these amazingly wonderful, absolutely incredible little souls of children – inspired by their resilience, driven by their brilliance, admiring their parents persistence on the road it took to get to them… And wondering when someday we'd have the good fortune of joining their ranks...
…Regardless how busy or full life got, there has not been a single day I didn’t wonder: ‘when would “this day” come?’…
And today…today we walked into a courtroom as a couple hopeful of a future….
And we walked out parents.
And today, we I looked into the eyes of our incredible son and, again, I say, words cannot begin to describe this day…. The day the gavel came down.
and drink it on every corner....and they did just that :)
For those interested in some details, I will wrote those and post tomorrow– Before I sign off, today, May 13, was also a VERY BIG day for others we know, so before we drown your eyes with our day, please join us in:
• Congrats to Laura and Jon for springing Kristina free from EKat – I hope you guys had safe and seamless journey to Mocow!!
• YAHOO to Bethany, who finished her COMPs today for her PhD – I KNOW she did awesome and I look forward to being on her committee ☺
• Congrats to Kendra, Dave, and JJ – we think you left China today for home??
• Carolyn & Bruce hopefully arrived safely in Ireland – have a great time, guys!!
THANKS SO MUCH to everyone who has helped us along our journey to this point – we still have a week to go in Russia, but for now, more details on court tomorrow --- I am going to sign off, and go back up and share the bottle of wine I just got in the crazy little cafĂ© at the top of our hotel with my incredible husband… and toast our son’s future for the first time officially!!





15 comments:
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!
WooooHoooooo!!!!! Finally a HUGE congrats!!! just called kevin with the news after I got your email!! I will be headed straight home to toast your new family!
So glad you got to be with him today.
Enjoy your last night of sleep ALONE.
Luv you guys!!!
Thanks, Amy, for being you and thinking of all of us. Thanks for my e-mail; you insist on making me cry,don't you :-}. Enjoy the peace and quiet tonight. Thanks to everyone else who has been there supporting them. It's been quite a journey and as Amy has said, we have all learned that WE really aren't in control. Carl and I, and I'm sure lots of the rest of you, will be toasting our new addition tonight. Diana
I am thrilled beyond words right now! Congrats mommy and daddy!
I have been waiting for this all day!!!!!! Congratulations and what a wonderful day! You have begun the best part of life. Enjoy every moment and cherish everything!
Now the happy tears are flowing!! We're toasting you, New Parents, & your precious son. We're so grateful that you've allowed us to share in your "tour to be a family" & we look forward to meeting our newest family member. Much love, Aunt Norine & Uncle Tom
That is so awesome!
Fabulous!!! Your words are very touching - I couldn't be happier for you!!! Enjoy the rest of your stay in your sons birth country! Love, Donna
Welcome to our family Aslan Jacob Nesbitt!
Amy and Jeff: Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings about this special and life altering event and for allowing us to come along for the ride. I also know what it is like to have a dream come true. Can't believe it's been 12 years since Sara came into our lives.
Congratulations new parents! Love Karen and Scott
CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for all of you!
YAY!!!!! I'm ecstatic to hear that your court date was successful!! I'm quite impressed you found the time with all the emotions and excitement to let us on the other side of the world share in your joy!
I'm so happy for you both!! Congrats!!
Yeah!!!! CONGRATS! I am so happy for you. Your post was incredible...it gave me the chills! Enjoy your little man....send some pictures when you can. I would love to see those chubby cheeks!
Carrie
congrats! i cried for joy when i read your post! yeah!
YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! I am so happy for you guys! You have waited a long time, worked really hard, and been through SO much to get to this exact moment. LM is blessed to have you and I know you are blessed to have him. Congratulations and cheers to your future as a family!
Post a Comment