**EDITED** Photos Added -- This means Pat must make a 2nd comment! ha ha!!
It is so great being home with my men!! We arrived home late on Wednesday night, thanks to my mom and Carl for the ride & being compassionate to LM who really had a hard time with the car ride (anticipated, but his cry sure is sad!)...
Overall, LM is doing pretty well... Day 3 at his new home has ended, and in the bigger picture, he is just absolutely remarkable --- he has learned where all the rooms are in the house, he has learned that the big yellow fuzzy thing is not going away, so he may as well join the "we love Ashton" party boat - just today he ran over and whacked poor Ashton in the nose -- and Ashton just sat there and took it like any good man puppy would... Of course, Ashton has been enjoying the increased access to stuffed animals and food tossed on the floor -- so, clearly, each has learned there is a "win-win" to a mutual agreement that they both are staying...
Eating, drinking, and sleeping are the main issues we have --- Little man can't seem to decide if he likes "our" food or not -- we have tried everything and I have to remind myself that, while he is playful, engaging, giving great eye contact, and seeking out hugs, none-the-less, this is all very stressful on him -- I of all people should understand that for some people, stress actually reduces appetite & thirst... In the past, I've found wine & potatoe chips are a good cure, however, even tho I am a "new" mom, I suspect that combo would not go over well with LM... so, we keep trying and praying... and also remembering that the food here has such a greater caloric/nutritional value, that perhaps he simply doesn't need the volume? I admit, it's stressful, and I DO feeding and post-institutionalization for a living....hats off to all those parents out there who've walked this road before, and never had a child hit at them, kick, scream, or cry with a meal or bedtime...
He becomes a US Citizen! LM's thoughts (translated, of course)
"What? This is dirt in the US? What is up with that?"
"What? This is dirt in the US? What is up with that?"
When not eating, feeding, drinking, or trying to go to sleep, he is an absolute joy and really smart.. I know, takes after his dad! LOL... and we are enjoying every smile, every eye gaze, ever hug, every moment...
And at night, while I completely sack out, my parting thought as the zzz's cut in are that -- I am back in town, and so, thank god and all the angels we know have been watching over us, are my boys...





12 comments:
Welcome home. I hate to complain, but where are the pictures?! :) You are doing a great job with LM and one of these days you are going to be surprised to wake up and have it be a distant memory when he struggled with these issues. Get some sleep when you can!
Welcome home, friends! I'm so glad to hear that all is going well. Enjoy all the hugs, stares, kisses --- they are priceless.
Can't wait to see more pics of LM and you guys...and Ashton, too!
Hugs,
Laura ZZZZzzzzz (yep-exhausted!)
Welcome Home, Amy, Jeff & Little Man!! In time the sleeping and eating will come together. It took us 7-10 days to get over jet lag and time zone issues.
Big hugs to you, and I can't wait to see & hear more of little man's adventures :)
Yay!!! I figured out how to comment--I'm a little slow. So now I can go back and comment on all the other posts.
It took about 2 weeks for our kids to adjust, and the jet lag/newness thing affected EVERYTHING, eating, drinking, sleeping, grumpiness factor...EVERYTHING. Things that helped were: getting them up and dressed in the morning so they would associate day with awake and night with sleep (no lounging in PJs), starting a bedtime routine with bath, stories, songs, and sleep, laying in the room with them until they fell asleep, having a special stuffed animal/doll. Food...we had pretty good little eaters, but big hits were cheerios, fresh fruits (especially cut up bananas and apples), applesauce, yogurt, and strawberry milk. Little bits throughout the day until they acclimated a bit more.
I'm sure you already know all this, but just in case you forgot in your jetlagged state.
I'm so glad you guys are home sage and sound!!
Welcome Home!!!! So happy you are home and everything is going well. Congrats!
welcome home! he truly is even more gorgeous in person then in pics, I just love that face and those cheeks!!
SO glad you guys are finally home and beginning your family life down by the river! We look forward to many fun times with all our boys!!
OH what a cutie! Your little man has a sparkle in his eyes that is very telling about his tenacity! I love the look on the proud papa's face feeding the little man too!
WELCOME HOME! Things soound so wonderful! It does take time, I think we were all in a fog for the first few weeks home. Oh the feeding! You know not to look to me for any advice on that one! LOL!!! Hang in there, it does get better!
Tanya
So here's a new comment since there're new pix on the blog. LM is an absolute certified cutie-pie! He looks so full of life & is such a happy addition to your family, because he sure makes you smile with love & pride. He's an amazing, resilient Little Man & he's got a great life ahead of him with the greatest of parents! Give him a hug from me & I can't wait to meet him. Love, Aunt Norine
Absolute magic!
OH, MY, LM is such a beautiful blessing! Been following your journey and loving every smile and every moment! Cousin Gus says, "la la la li li la" which obviously means, "Welcome! Can you come over and play?" We love you guys, Amy, Chris and Gus
Welcome home. I am sure it feels so good to have LM home where he belongs. I really wish I had some advice on the eating situation, but you are all to familiar with ours and after 15 months home, nothing has changed.
Post a Comment