one clear consistent word he says and i have NO IDEA what he is referencing...
and, to make matters, worse, he pairs it with "please"... Sure do wish I knew what he meant so he could get it since he keeps asking so nicely!! :)
But, what he DOES reference kept me giggling all week:
1) Cupcakes in his Elmo book consistently lead to "Happy Happy" for happy birthday
2) Candles anywhere in the house, in a book, etc consistently lead to "Happy Happy" for happy birthday
3) A beautifully wrapped scarf from Ethiopia from one of our families that came home in an equally wrapped paper lead to "Happy Happy" for happy birthday
4) and, an afternoon with "K-K" and "Jack" (said with major enthusiasm), you ask him did he have fun? and what does he say? "Happy Happy"...
You get the idea. I could go on and on about the things this week that made him say "Happy Happy".... Happy is his word for the week. Which is pretty cool. I mean, who wants their kid to say "mad mad" or "sad sad"??
So, who knows? Maybe he is remembering something about pie? We didn't have pie so it will go down in the "LM, i am trying to get it, but i have no clue what you are saying".. category.
but, in honor of his clearly Happy Week, and the fact that he remembers everything about his birthday, apparently, his 5 O'Clock somewhere shot this week is him attired in a beautiful outfit his gamma gave him... complete with.... wait for it.... horses on it!!
(I keep trying to get him to chant like Julia Roberts did in Pretty Woman
but he's just not there yet)...
but he's just not there yet)...





4 comments:
what a happy happpy handsome boy he is!!!
he only gets more gorgeous!
Love hearing about his new verbal skills. Leeza NEVER shuts up. I love it though. :)
Kaitlyn says "Jingle Bells" the same way LM says "Happy Happy"--in the store, during a movie, at the library, EVERYWHERE. Funny. We sing a million other songs way more often but she's obsessed with Jingle Bells. Ha!
And maybe when he says "pie", LM is saying something in Russian? K did that. For MONTHS she kept saying something that sounded like so and I would nod and smile like I understood. One day, I realized she was saying "shto" which was her way of asking "what's that?" I felt like an idiot--for MONTHS I had been in the dark and all she wanted to know was what things were. Poor thing.
Worst part--that was my all time most used word when I lived in Bulgaria and STILL I didn't get it when she said it!!!
But yay LM is communicating things more and more. He's already so smart!!
Well, silly me, checking your blog before I go to bed. Now I'll be lying awake trying to figure out what LM is asking for. :) For now, I'm wondering if he's asking for ice cream since he's referring to birthday things. Or, is he asking to go "bye"? Or, for someone to "fly" him around in the air like JT used to love? Or, "my",or "ride" (Gamma would love that),or anything that sort of rhymes with pie? Or, since he was cleaning on that snow day, does he want to "wipe" something? He's such a cutie pie & this has me intrigued. I'll be anxious to hear what the mystery word turns out to be, but for now I'm going to bed to rest up for tomorrow's blizzard. Here we go again with Old Man Winter, but LM will keep you happy, happy, happy! Love, AN
ha ha ha.
maybe THAT is it -
Cutie PIE.
maybe he is saying "look at me, being a cutie PIE?" shortened for "Pie?"
yes, LM you absolutely are a TOTAL cutie PIE :)
Post a Comment