Blink. I did. 2 weeks later. Yup, oops, I did it again - I played with my time, and messed with my blog. (song pun. Whoever gets it gets a goodie!) My friends Vic and Deb will surely remember this from our Miami trip together some umpteen years ago... but that is another story for another day and probably not a "public blog sharing"! ha ha ha... Ok, so, cutting to the chase = 2 very fun weeks overall, with some honest "almost 2" exposures to keep it real. Not that I am ever not real on the blog. Our boy is absolutely amazing, fantastic, WOW. And yes, we are biased. But, for those of you reading who are waiting for your kidlings or are friends or fellow adoptie parents... don't think we haven't had our trying times - we are first time parents, and we adopted our light when he was 17 months old..... There are going to be "days like this". But overall, man, is he a total joy! Here are some things from the last 2 weeks...
Growing up, doing everything he sees. OK, so we had a fun night hanging out with Alek and Maks - for a sad reason of saying goodbye to Kevin's dad and their Poppy -- but, it did mean Jeff and I played with the boys during the viewing... And that meant LM seeing "big boys" in action -- all the way to bed time... I kid you not, he stood in AWE as they brushed their teeth. Until this point, he sucked on his toothbrush then would let us make some weak attempt at brushing his teeth...Once he saw the "big boys brushing" act live and in person, he pushed his "wash your hands" stool up to the sink and did everything they did, down to trying to spit. Have you ever seen a 22 month old try to spit in the sink? Hysterical.
We have also spent the last few Saturday nights w/ Jack and Katie -- In my life, I had great "brother" luck -- my older brother, Brian, who is totally awesome and I have always adored even since i was teeny (or so I am told)..... and, I had the great joy of "inheriting" a cool kid for a younger brother who happens to have 2 super cool kids --ie: LM cousins! Dave was 11 when we met. He's 38ish now. We all grew up together, Brian, Dave, and I.... and I always hoped between our older bro Brian (UB) and Susan (AS) and Dave (UD) and Barb (AB)we'd have a gaggle of kids to goof around with... We're so happy UB has been here to visit a ton because, well, he is just one big gaggle of a kid and it warms my heart to see LM play with him... LM's cousins K and J are adorable and just love their LM cuz... And we've had fun the last few Saturday nights with our cheap pizza hang outs... The last time, LM tried to pull the "watch me pull the table cloth out from under all the dishes and glasses trick"... Over and over and over again. Those of you with 2ish year olds can probably guess the fun. But it was ingenious and cute, albeit a challenging "trick" to stop! LOL
While fall is beautiful, sadly it means cold, icy river... and packing in the boat for the season... Gamma and Granddad Carl joined us for the "end of season hurrah" -- it was a gorgeous night, and LM really enjoyed his river sojourn!!
21.. The week of... The GREEN MONSTER.... So, about a month ago, I went to the local thrift store to get him a couple of ride on toys cheap. 2 for $7. Doesn't get much better than that, eh? Anyway, the first few days there was a lot of pushing and trying to figure out how to ride them... Then BOOM. Off he went. We now go for walks around our loop with the GREEN MONSTER and he LOVES it. Can't get enough of it. This particular week, he rode it fully around the loop for the first time... And, he learned how to coax us into letting Ashton pull him while on it.. So, ladies and gentleman, I give you 21 weeks... and, the Green Monster....
This past week brought us a day off together and, of course, Halloween... Now, simply put, our family has an odd schedule. You get 2 parents in healthcare, one who has 2 "part time" jobs and one who is a full time nurse, and you get rotating shifts, rotating parents, and on really lucky days, a weekday where everyone is "off" (at least during non-nap times), sun, and family... We hopped over to a local arboretum with LM, Jeff's parents, and LM's Aunt Linda.. It was a beautiful morning and a delight to hang out with them and enjoy some more family time with LM... Who enjoyed leading the smiles....
OH, and in case you are wondering, our sweet little angel is really a crash, bam, boom, what can I throw, hit, slam next boy... And, in case you are wondering, yes, the concept of "Rock Em, Sock Em Robots" still exists... Sponge Bob, please feel free to beat up your buddy, what's his name anyway?
And, Of course, there was Halloween... Our first family "holiday"... Well, I suppose July 4 was, but 5 weeks home at that point, and we were still quite foggy on life! :) OF course, papa carved a cool pumpkin and LM helped!! Now, every time he sees a pumpkin, be it ours, a plastic one in the bank, or driving past them at the grocery store, he goes "ooohhhh oooohhhh" and shakes his head from side to side, like Jim Carrey in mask trying to waggle his cheeks and lips from side to side. Super cute!! Here we are with one of our infamous "prop the camera, 10 consecutive shots and hope 1 turns out" in our backyard the night we carved the pumpkin.... Unfortunately Ashton got the memo to get in the family photo too late... And yes, after our little pumpkin went to bed, we did enjoy a great firepit evening with a glass of wine... smile.
yes, TB, that one was for you :)
So, what was he??? Well, the only next best fitting thing, of course, would be this:
And, of course.... Halloween.... many keep asking "What was he?"... Well, so we started out with one idea.... A bunny... He LOVES bunnies. We met him on Easter... You may even remember our "announcement" of meeting him was "look what the Easter Bunny" brought us... And, our niece was this bunny when she was his age.... So, we first tried a bunny... And, for about 5 minutes, being a bunny was REALLY cool. I put it on him, he looked in the mirror, said "WOAW" to which I said "LM, you are a bunny, look at you" --He stared, then a few seconds later said "hop hop"....and hopped.... Straight toward me and somewhere on the path to me smiles turned into tears and fits and "get this thing off of me".... Come on. Don't act like this never happened to you or your kid.... I bet half the readers have similar stories! ha ha ha.... So, I tried, every night after that, the bunny outfit... but, it was clear by a few days before Halloween, it would NOT be bunny night....
YAHOO Bunny... Somewhere in the 5 minute window of "fun"
So, what was he??? Well, the only next best fitting thing, of course, would be this:





5 comments:
HAAAA!!!! Love the outfit switch-too funny!! What a super cute little santa.
Thanks again for helping with the boys, they had a blast with you guys and I still havent been able to match Jeff's scooter course and they remind me of that each time :o)
Ohhh, you mean you didn't stoop so low as to bribe LM with candy to get him to wear the Bunny costume like I had to with Kristina? Please tell me you did and that it just didn't work....
Either way - he is the cutest little Santa and Kristina hopes to see him come our way on Dec. 25 with some goodies. (aww, if it were only possible....)
Love ALL the pics - including the ADL pic! ;)
~Laura
Ok, SpongeBob's dueling mate is his squirrel friend,Sandy, originally from TX, who also lives in Bikini Bottom but must wear a diver's helmet. And, as for "kids afraid of their costume" stories, have you asked dear Brian about his tiger costume when he was a wee lad? I'm sure he'll remember. Lol. Keep the stories & pics coming of your darling LM, as I just love them! AN
3 comments in one:
1. Totally agree with the bribing. Its amazing that despite your Food Nazi efforts, LM will know what candy is, and I say, use it to your advantage! But the Santa was cute. (In our house, we banned McDonald's--and pretty much all fast food, and while C kinda sorta thinks he knows what it is, neither he nor K have eaten it in the year they've been home.)
2. LM is growing up way too fast. He's looking more and more "big boy"-ish each day!
3. Sweet Jesus, it looks cold there. Brrrrrrr!
i am laughing my butt off. I am so behind on your blog. Must be because my blog reading time has been interrtuped by a certain 2 year old who is out of her crib and wakes up EARLY now. However,this am, she still sleeps, SO YAY!
I LOVE the bunny and the Santa...so freakin cute! AND THE GREEN MONSTER~!!
and the toddler tricks!!!
They all sound so familiar.
It's amazing what the kids will imitate....so cool LM is brushin his teeth with the big boys.
I am trying to be patient with a 26 month old who feels the need to do EVERYTHING by herself...'eeza do it, eeza' turn"...dress herself, undress herself, get in the car seat, put in movies in the dvd player, wash her own hair, etc.
I know it's good...but it can be hard when you're in a hurry.
Dont you dare lift HER out of her car seat...EEZA DO IT..or , she will throw herself on the ground, outside her preschool...and scream, cry, like she's been given a thorough beating.
LOL
lOVE THE gorgeous leaves and of course your precious precious son who is learning and growing and is just a loved lil angel. How fun is christmas gonnna be? :)
LOOOOVE the family shot of you guys.
Post a Comment