Sunday, October 18, 2009

Twenty...Things about our boy...

1) He loves cars. How does this happen? He has his fair share of animals and other non "all boy" items. And yet, cars. And trucks. And anything that is some sort of transportation vehicle.
2) He is becoming a real typical toddler. Case in point - he can be perfectly content and, in fact, shun me from his game.. unless, of course the phone rings and, gasp, I actually answer it. Forget about it. you know the rest. I now understand why phone calls from friends with toddlers have been few and far between...
3) He remembers people and special events.... Aunt Becca - HAPPY ENGAGEMENT party week... I miss you! Aunt Vicky, GO GO GO 3 day walking!! It was fun to hang w/ you and Uncle Pat!!Fun with UP and AV

4) He loves ice cream with Papa (see, Food Nazi can "be gone" sometimes!) LOL Yummy Yummy Yummy, I've got icecream in my tummy
5) He is inquisitive -- he watches everything...look, listen, learn definitely is his motto.
6) He repeats everything -- he is a total little performer. The other day he told Ashton, "no-no, Aon, op it" (translation: no-no Ashton, drop it)
7) He is adventurous.... Gamma had to say goodbye to Trey last month, but it was a happy day when we welcomed Wellington to the barn... And LM couldn't get enough of getting as close as possible...
"Hey, Wellington, Nice to Meet You"

8) He loves playing games -- his current favorite is Hide and Seek... He is now covering his eyes after he waves his arm to the place he wants you to hide.... While of course we humor him and hide there first, he is amazingly able to find us regardless where we hide...and he goes "boo" when he gets to you.

9) He is crafty -- he makes up his own games and then ellicits us to egg him on... For example, he loves playing in the little book shelf behind his bedroom door... One day this week, I hear him going "un, nun, en" from behind the door, and then he popped out and giggled... And I realized, he was COUNTING like we do during hide and seek. How smart is he?

10) He is a ham now for the camera -- I was able to get him to repeat his silly Houdini act noted above behind his bedroom door to capture it in forever blog memory :)












Where is LM??? Here I am!!


11) He still loves to eat... although he is now into playing with his food.. scooping and dumping and mushing food all over... or,my personal favorite, looking right at me with his "I know I shouldn't do this look", pretending just for a moment to withdraw his arm, and then splash -- dumps his cup.

12) He is a joker... he will reach out and offer you a toy, then pull it back and start laughing, full out laughing -- all the while looking at you with those "my eyes are gleaming they are so goofy" look... then, right the end, he'll give it to you.

13) He has a great smile.
14) He has an even greater giggle.
15) In fact, His goal in life seems to be "how silly can I be?"
Giggle On...
16) He is not afraid to slow down life, and enjoy the roses... Or the feather pillows. LM now loves climbing under our covers now in the morning, and then pointing at each of our pillows relentlessly until we climb in and sit with him a minute.
17) He is adorable without even trying.

See that? Cute. With absolutely no effort
18) He loves to help clean -- he will put things away. Watch out and will never forget the slow motion action as he tried to help put away a glass by heaving it up and into the sink. CRASH.
LM in Training
19) He is smart smart smart... he learns something in one activity, and then you see him trying to apply it to a totally different activity in a very appropriate way...
20) He rises to any occassion... and thrives...He has been home 20 weeks -- We all are learning so much... and He just keeps working harder... We ask so much of our children when we bring them home. And it is just amazing how far he can rise...

Home 20 Weeks, "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere"

5 comments:

Kris said...

it is so amazing to see the difference in him, the light in his face and how bright it is now-you just see his personality coming through. I love it.
He is so stinkin cute!

Norine said...

I came on to say just what Kris said! The change is incredible, as he looks so happy & full of life & definitely a Mr. Giggles now. LM reflects all the love he's receiving & is obviously returning it many times over. What a cutie-pie!! Love, AN & UT

Kristy said...

Has it already been 20 weeks? Sheesh, time flies! I can't decide if I love the horse picture the best or the Man in Training one. Both are too cute.

Laura said...

Oh, Amy...I wish I was documenting as thorough as you... Kristina is doing so many of the same things that LM is doing that I think they have an insider conspiracy going on (especially looking at us and then dumping the cup of milk out on the table!).

And LM is always smiling...maybe it's because he knows he has such awesome parents!

Blessings to you, my friend -
Laura :)

Susan said...

I am so glad you are doing your blog so religiously. I am the same..whenever Leeza does something (oh you picked your nose, how cute, LET ME BLOG) i really try to blog about it.
Seeing the transformation in your boy is so amazing. It's so obvious to those who can't meetyou in real life(yet) orh im, to see how much he loves you and how much he is loved.

I love hearing how smart he is. I have a daughter who reminds me a lot of him. :)
Even to the point of waking up at 1 am and putting her own movie in and watching Elmo and Abby's Christmas countdown.

LM is soooooooooo precious....WITHOUT even trying. :)