But who cares when, at the end of the day, we have this -- the sign of a fun, fully played out, well earned rest:
Sleeping -- Don't ask how long it took to get to this point!
All that matters is he is sleeping!
What a week!!! LM is amazing -- he is flexible as all get out, and boy did he meet a lot of people who have loved him a long time!!! In his first 10 days home, we had a lot of action at our house and my mom's house (thanks, mom!!) as so many people who have waited along with us came to meet LM!!! Yes, quarantine is now in full effect, but we understand and wanted everyone who could to meet him, and he did AMAZING with it all!!! We had family in for my graduation, and my mom threw a wonderful shower --- so wonderful to see so many great friends and family!!What have we learned about LM since the last post?
1) he is SMART. Smarter than smart. Amongst his accomplishments include: shape sorter, an action song "Shake It Up" (which he brings his tamborine over to me to start then just smile and starts shaking in up!), waving hello and goodbye (in English! including when I say, "OK, time to go" and then he starts waving!!), signing more, me please, and all done!... there is more but how much can I gush??
2) he LOVES LIFE... as I type, he is shouting loudly at Jeff as they share lunch together in the other room --- his giggles make us just laugh so hard! he really is a carpe diem kind of kid!
3) he LOVES spicy foods. No kidding. After several weeks of "what will he eat" and Jeff making "super porridge" (from Super Baby Foods book, which is GREAT for anyone out there wanting to go "all natural" with foods like we are!), I had poached tilapia to try with LM... Well, every time I reach into the fridge and am holding him, he always grabs a condiment --- Yesterday he grabbed the spicy mustard and I thought "well, why not?" and squeezed some onto his finger -- he popped his finger in his mouth and then could not get enough... Bland poached tilapia suddenly became spicy mustard tilapia and WOW is it amazing how spiking the flavors really can both increase interest, but also speed of chewing and swallow time for more solid foods! (we have been slowly working him up from mushy to chewable b/c he didn't know how to chew 3 weeks ago!)... gotta love it when OT meets Mommy are a HIT at the dinner table!!
4) He is just adorable. But, we are biased.
Enough words -- here are pictures from our week together...THANK YOU MOM will never be enough -- for all my mom's support across this journey called my life (and now our son's!) and, of course, for an incredible bash!!! My mom is truly the most incredible woman I know -- she is kind, giving, caring, loyal, funny, beautiful and truly has been a fabulous mom... As I start down this road to be a mom to LM, I hope that in the end, he can look back and I will have done at least half as good a job as she has done... The shower she threw was beautiful -- with not a detail lost -- balloons with pictures from the 2 trips taped to them, cupcakes for all the kids with a lion theme, and a gorgeous cake... Certainly the guests loved the little absolute-ly clever "party" gifts, as well as the tasty grub, free flowing wine, and great company... My mom has been thru it all with us, and I think ever rough patch took a bit out of her, too, but she never let us see it --- to say that I look forward to the years ahead of sharing the joy of LM with her is an understatement...
The shower was wonderful --- I so appreciate the support, kindness, love, and generousity of the people we are lucky to know as our family and friends.... And, it was so cool to see all my friends little girls running around playing together!!!
We have made a clear decision to adventure and enjoy life every single day with LM -- we have been on a hike, many walks, and of course, we needed to get him out on the river!!
YAHOO! ON the river! Of course, I will take this moment to bore avid readers with a spot on Captain Jeff -- I'll make it short -- He is one stellar dad. Truly - has this guy been a dad before and somehow I didn't know it??? It gives me such joy to watch he and little man play and giggle together!!
My dad is so great! He flew in to play with LM and Ashton for the weekend, too! Oh, and see us, he tried to say, but we know the real truth! It was really fun to see him goof off with LM and watch LM play with him... "Cya on the slopes soon", Granddad Pete, I think I heard him say!!!
Silly Ashton decided he was going to flip open a pizza box and steal himself a slice... Unfortunately for him, a few of us were watching.... How bad is it that his Mama decided to first save the memory on digital before removing the pizzal from his clever mouth? He and LM together are going to keep us on our toes!! LOL
Lucky for us, Aunt Joan has made the wise decision to go back for her doctorate at Misericordia!! YAHOO! This means we get to see her every few months! LM loved Aunt Joan instantly... anyone who knows Aunt Joan wouldn't even doubt that, or begin to question why!
it was a moment. And, for those of you wondering WHEN I would well up, this was it... Gail and I have been "together" for 10 years this year, doing international adoption -- we have shared some amazing ups, some difficult downs together personally and professionally -- and we may even have survived moving to electronic medical records together, which is a huge feat if you ask me given the current system for moving into such "fun".... For years, I have watched Gail be amazing with other families. No other word for it -- her professional knowledge paired with her personal experiences, spirit, and shared love for these amazing and resilient children astounds me over and over... she helped us make the hardest and yet best decision of our lives...and that decision led us to LM.... and, she surprised me at our shower.... and it was just so wonderful to introduce her to LM... and him to her...
On Wednesday, we went into the city to show off LM... Oh, I mean, to have an IA appointment with our esteems IA program at CHOP... and perhaps take a cruise around the mini-city to meet a few people! ha ha ha.... It was so great spending time with Bubbie Susie (ie: Dr. Susan Friedman, IA doc extraordinare!) and Aunt Michelle (ie: Michelle, the OT efficianado wielding her sensory "try this to get him to sleep" ideas!)... The appointment ran a little long... I wonder why? thankfully we were the last visit of the day (apparently we had a little pull in the schedule!) ha ha ha....
Yes, we've had more parties than is probably "allowed" during quarantine -- small and controlled, mind you, with solid daily routine and activity packed around it... Our hearts are full and our hands are busy... And I will try to get better at regular posts vs. long, meaty picture filled ones!! And, yes, our house is a total mess right now... But who cares when we all know it's all abou this:
Much love and many thanks to all for your continued support and sharing in our sheer delight of our little man!!






11 comments:
Sheesh, he is so stinkin' cute, I can't stand it. The curls, the bog brown eyes, it's too much. I wish you lived here so we could get all the kids and dogs together for a hair/fur flying fest. We had a similar entrance into our new lives (without the PhD part or the shower). We found it worked well to get all the initial meetings out of the way and then do a little lockdown (read: visits in measured doses) for a couple months. We also did a lot of getting out and about while staying on a schedule. You have to....or you'll go crazy on the house, and so will he. Those were (and still are) our most successful parts of the day, the kids just love/loved going outside.
And let's not discuss what time I am writing this...or how I took PM meds to help me sleep...AN HOUR AGO, and here I am still awake. Ugh. Oh yeah, and went to the AO picnic today. It was fun, but we know so few people, being the anti-socials we are---would've been more fun with you guys there. Just bite the bullet and move to CA. haha.
What a tremendous update of the past week, Amy! I love the pix & hearing all about LM's new adventures. And, I could see how smart he was when he was checking to see if Gamma's little fox would do what Tickle Me Elmo could do. I mean, that just seemed beyond his tender young age & shows signs of a great explorer. :) What a little darling he is & you all have brought so much love into each other's lives by becoming a family.
My big question is, do your jaws hurt from smiling so much? You are over-the-moon happy & deserve to be, Honey. My love to you & your men. Aunt Norine
Love the update and the pictures! Your idea of "quarantine" makes me smile. It is hard to sit still when there is so much in life to enjoy with your kids! LM looks like he is enjoying himself and you and Jeff look like you are having the time of your lives! Can't wait to see more adventure pictures!
What can I say? Aw shucks, Amy. Being your mom (and Brian's, too) was/is a pleasure and a joy and, yes, sometimes,a heartache but that is the role of a good mother--as you are learning. Doing things for our kids is what we love to do. You (and Jeff) are doing an amazing job with LM. The changes in him over these few short weeks are a wonder to see. He may give you a stomach ache when you try to put him to sleep but a full heart 24/7. I am so enjoying watching you with him; seeing you smile more than I have in a long, long time. Thank you for making the hard decision that lead you to him and the right one that brought him to us all. The hardest thing I do now is not call every day for an update and the next hardest thing I do is not get in my car and drive over to see you all. You need "the three of you" time (sorry, 4 counting Ashton) and Carl and I relish the times you bring him over spur of the moment. The Lorine/Nesbitt/Lynch families will have many years enjoying each other and LM and we look forward to every minute (including the first time I put him on a horse). Now get some rest!
Love, M
Amy, I really can't begin to tell you how happy I am for you. You finally get to experience all the joys we have been telling you about. LM is so darn cute! You all are keeping busy and he seems to be fitting in wonderfully!
He is just so cute Amy!!! We are so happy for you!
Laura and Taegan
we would all love to do a play date one day soon.
I LOVE reading about how all of you are doing! And the pics....just beautiful. Boy, just shows what a wonderful support system you have. And to see a pic of Aunt Joni with LM...I was so "bleepin" happy!
Please share any sleep tips that Michelle may bestow upon you. Minus the names of the family members, your post could have been written by me. We're trying to keep things "calm and low-key" but we had friends in from CT Friday so a group of us got together with their kids, went to the AO picnic Saturday, and then had a welcome/baby shower yesterday... Geez...so much for "low key". But we're surviving just fine...just living in a loving, messy house on very little sleep.
Love and hugs and all the best!!
~Laura, JD and Kristina
What a great post!!! I love all the pictures! Being tired and sleeping through the night after a long day of play is the BEST for parents. :)
he seems to get cuter and cuter each week!!!
I love seeing you experience all these mom moments and learning more about him with each day. I love seeing how his personality is shining through. He is truly a miracle!
Your shower was amazing, your mom did a beautiful job!!
Cant wait for the first playdate!
I love your posts! You definitely wrote tens of thousands of words with all those pictures!!
The PT front office now has a picture of LM in the window(the one of him in the swing on his first park visit) announcing your new son :-D
OH MY GOSH AMY!!! Congrats to you--I am SO HAPPY for you! LM is adorable!! I havent got to read much cuz Leeza is in her high chair eating cheerios but after I get her to bed I am reading away!
Nice to see my doc's pictures too....How old is he? what a cutie...
Is it NOT amazing how quickly they adjust to their new families...like they just knew this is where they belonged.
I am so happy for you I can't stand it!! :)
CONGRATS and thank you for sharing your news.
You were always so sweet to stay in constant touch with us and give us great advice with our diva Leeza.
so happy and thrilled for you!! your hubby is a cutie too! so are you! :)
Post a Comment