Sunday, June 14, 2009
A Very Special Day...
And so, on Sunday, as the sun peeked thru the clouds and warmed us up, we had a very special day --- Little Man got to meet his Russian cousins, Alek and Maks, and play with the Filmore girls.... Now, you need to understand -- Jeff has known Mike and Kevin since he was super little...Truly, Kevin and Jeff probably don't remember a time they didn't know each other as good friends, as they grew up together on Jones Ave... Amazingly, they have stayed close friends over the years, and they both married great women who I am grateful to call good friends... Kevin and Kris adopted Alek and Maks... And, Alek and LM share the same town to which we brought them home from... To say Aunt Kris was supportive during our journey is an understatement -- we were blessed to have this group of people amongst those on our "go adopt" team... It was a really fun day, full of laughs, smiles, and cheers to our children.
and while LM is a bit small for the big kids, he and MacKenzie are sure to be lasting pals as they are only 10 months apart -- a year from now they'll be chasing after each other and having all sorts of fun trying to catch up to the bigger kids....
I have always always hoped that our children would grow up with their cousins and our friends children as their best buddies... as time ticked on, I worried all the kids were getting older and ours would be way behind...And so, it meant the world to me to have the kids meet and play and know that this was the first of many, many days of sharing the joy of our children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
So so awesome :)
Ok...what does LM's shirt say, and why is it whited out? (Yes, I see your handy photo-shop work!) Inquiring minds want to know!!!
All the kids are beautiful. Lucky you to have such an awesome support system. :)
That was a fun day!! It is amazing how much he has changed already since that first week. Loved seeing all the kiddos together and aside from Maks' drama it was the perfect day!
a very special day indeed. :)
and Happy Father's day to Jeff too!
yes-right now the age difference seems big, but not for long! What a blessing to have friends from Russia too! I know how much I cherish our Kaz buddies-and the bond that we have with other adoptive parents makes for amazing friendships.
I never expected on our quest to find our "baby kaz" that we'd meet so many neat people along the way..you included, of course. :)
I would kill for your weather-it's so stifling hot here!
Kris is great! She help us a lot with our Kirov trip.
Post a Comment