LM is really amazing at how quickly he is connecting things in his mind... This week he:
- Decided he is Invincible. I am not sure where he got the idea, but yes, for certain, in his head, his future occupation is that of a daredevil... I spent the week stopping him from literally taking "a leap of a lifetime" off the top cement stairs down to our house, driving his little green monster down any flight of steps he can find on our street (remember, all the houses sit low, so he guns it for everyone's steps), standing on the sofa/ jumping and then trying to dive off it, you get the idea... Thankfully, Papa let mama buy a winter suicide-aversion kit (ie: Elliptical machine) so I've been able to get myself back into "spring to action" shape in time for our young Evil Kneivel to make his debut(s)...
but, no worries -- he certainly knows how to balance action with rest...
Other "connections" --
- Uncle Brian (UB) has a cat named Burble... we talk to him on SKYPE more now b/c he has video (YAHOO!) -- LM asks for "Burble" every single time and in fact gets upset when Burble decides not to make an appearance... At story time, there is a computer he likes to play with in the library before storytime... He managed to click his way to an icon of a cat that looks like burble. He immediately said "Burble" then "bri bri" (he's famous for making a name 2 syllables)
- At christmas, we had a little santa who played a guitar... LM loves music, and the whole "tar" thing (what he calls a guitar) fascinates him -- he often "makes" objects into guitars (like hairbrushes, which we "get" to play "tar" with him when he is in the bathroom to brush his hair, etc... Our dear friends Vic and Dan sent LM a welcome BDay gift -- and I thank them for sending the gift receipt b/c the super cool rugby shirt was too small.. so off we went and we replaced it with a couple of summer t-shirts... including this one... I put it on him and he started immediately playing... I grabbed the camera and at first he played shy but then started right up... you know, if not a daredevil, what woman does not like a cute guy who can also play a guitar?
- We brought over a table and chairs from when I was growing up to have in his playroom... We put only 1 chair and the table there for now, as the others need a smidge of repair work... So, we were playing trains out there and he decides Mama's chair (his little rocking chair) just is not the throne for mama... He gets very emphatic saying "Cha Cha", "mama, new" and pointing at the space along 1 of the sides of the table. I said "I have the rocking chair" and he said "No No Mama, no rock - mine".... then he says "Ba-ment Ba-ment"... "What?" I asked him? Patiently, he gets up, goes to the door leading to our basement and says "Ba-ment". "what about the basement?" I ask him... and he says "Mama cha ba-ment".... Well, he was right. I take him down there just for giggles to see what on earth the child is talking about -- and he points me right to a pile of chairs in the far back corner... and smiles and says "Chee, Mama cha" (ie: see, mama's chair")....How he knew that I have/had no clue... He was in the basement with me 1x a few days prior but b/c of all the snow, the basement is wet so we aren't going down there much -- I had him on the opposite side, and those chairs were stacked in a corner that surely he could only partially see what they were from where he was standing with me... And yet, days later, he wants a chair from down there... nothing gets past this kid... i am trying not to worry about the implications of this! ha ha ha!
Home 39 Weeks "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" and..
YAHOO.. Look NO JACKET!
YAHOO.. Look NO JACKET!





8 comments:
Yaaaaay! No jacket! The Man Reading time is too cute. :) You're right--these kidlets remember EVERYTHING!! Almost scary how much they remember and the connections they make. I attribute it to having a clear mind, not one muddled with stress and details,like us elders. But I'm so jealous of their memory!
Ditto on the daredevils. I have two of them out here, too. It's so amazing to me because when they first came home, they were so timid and wide-eyed. Now they just take the bull by the horns and charge through life. It warms my heart--all our kids deserve this type of security and empowerment so they will charge through life. The daredeviled-ness is scary, but fun, too. :)
Sending you guys warm, sunny vibes (despite all our rain!) from San Diego!!
Daredevil! welcome to my world :o) FYI, it only gets worse!
Love the guitar solo, quite the little rocker. Great seeing you guys yesterday, tell LM I have more cake for him :o)
he truly gets cuter everyday!
Ta da...that is so cute! Love the clip :) I must say, he is one CUTE daredevil!!!
I am enjoying the same 'nothing gets past this kid' experiences with Nola. They are just amazing little people :)
Omg, I have a new favorite video!! How adorable is LM "playing" his shirt?! And the "ta-da" is just too precious. He is an absolute delight, Amy! As for the dare-devil stuff, well, ... Justin took a preference test in a class last fall & one of the things it said he might like was "stunt-double" or, get this, bee keeper. Talk about extremes. But, these boys will keep us holding our breath. Give him a hug from his AN. <3
I'm getting ready for bed and what a way to end the evening. Ta-daaaa with hand gestures and all!
I'll be afraid when our two little dare devils got together. I swear I'm due for a heart condition as Kristina loves to go up and down slides...however, instead of going down on the buttinsky, she JUMPS.
Love the pic of LM and Papa reading in the chairs... Did you ever think a year ago......?
Blessings to you guys!
~Laura :)
Haven't been on your blog in ages:( Cannot believe the changes in LM! WOW! He is so precious! Thank you for being such a wonderful support for me.
Daredevil, indeed! Despite no biological connection, I swear there is a cosmic connection to this family! I recall finding Uncle Brian at LM's age climbing out of his crib, onto the dresser and jumping back into the crib--time for furniture rearranging! LM is a bundle of energy with a perpetual smile on his face who loves learning and exploring and what a joy it is to watch him grow. Hard to believe it's been 9 months since he came to us--worth the wait and such wonderful and happy changes in this sweet little boy. Thanks for sharing him with friends and family.
He is gorgeous! And has the BEST personality. What a blessing.
Post a Comment