...She is Proud of Herself...
Standing in stockings was something she could not do 2 1/2 days ago and she is quite pleased with her accomplishment!...Daring...You offer a food, she will try it...
Any food. But don't worry, she is also very good at communicating when she doesn't like something.. She is a lot like her big brother in that sense, but I guess we knew going into this we were gonna have 2 Capricorns!!...Adventurous...
...And, I am beginning to suspect she was a mermaid in past life...
...And, I am beginning to suspect she was a mermaid in past life...
Seriously. What newly adopted kid LOVEs the bath? Here she is after I just stood her feet in water and already she was like "bring it on"... I sat her down and she started kicking away.. For tonight's bath she literally flipped herself all the way around, layed on her belly, stood up, pushed onto her knees and bounced... she was hilarious!
...Trooper...
We had been up and out to the embassy, had a quick lunch (apparently she prefers only "naturally pureed" foods - ie: foods mama mashes.. she is NOT a fan of jarred baby food which is AOK w/ me once we get home but has made things interesting here!) So she was tired and probably hungry, but still kept her game face on for a photo shoot at Red Square......Cautiously Falling in love with her papa...
...First time she let Papa carry her a distance that she wasn't sleeping!...
...First time she let Papa carry her a distance that she wasn't sleeping!...
..."It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere"...Red Square, December 15, 2011...
And so it is with a sigh... Of course, I am sure everyone says "aren't you ready to go home?"... Yes, certainly, and I myself and cautiously optimistic and looking forward to introduce our Sweet Cheeks to our Little Man!! That said, I am going to say "see you later", Moscow... Because, you see, there are too many wonderful memories here, and I know I will be back someday .... I suspect some of you out there reading this will get what I am about to type/say....
I must say that I did all I could to soak up our time in Moscow on all of our trips -- yes, all 4 trips I did all I could to enjoy every single moment, and while looking forward to starting life as a family of 4 (remind me I said that when I am up to my ears in kids 'stuff"!) I knew -- ENJOY each step from the moment you say "yes" to this child... this, perhaps, is one of the 'hidden" gems of adoption and I encourage all adoptive parents to seize the international days and moments..... It is one thing I learned with LMs adoption -- as I have always looked back at the time Jeff and I spent on our trips and then with LM in Moscow as a very magical time... The world slows down tremendously here. One "russian day" truly feels like at least 3 days at "home" and quite honestly, I am OK with that; more than OK with that... With LM, we were so elated - Finally, we were parents!! We walked this town until sunset each night with LM tucked in the hip hugger... We soaked in the early days of parenthood in the great outdoors of a very pretty city in spring time... One of the "bonus" points of international adoption I guess :) And we felt so "us" and so "together".... And, with our adventures to SC, I have done all I could to enjoy the "together" time... Yes, of course I know that our "together" is not truly so until LM is with us... And if situation were different - adoption completion in the spring/summer/early fall, from a region we could reasonably stay, etc -- we would all be here "together"...But yet, the time here with Jeff, SC, and I was... well, again, it was simply magical - for some of the same reasons as before... and some different... This time I knew enough to really enjoy it, this time I savored, truly savored, the every moment of our time together -- Whether it was walking around, going to the toy store, checking out Red Square with it's ice rink & Christmas tree, or hanging out in our apartment playing with her.... It was all special and I was sure to simply just enjoy every single moment....Moscow will always shine in my heart... And this week I enjoyed basking in the magic of this city where 2 of our dreams came true -- Little Man and Sweet Cheeks.
See you soon, Moscow, and thank you. How could we not come back to you someday?





4 comments:
Dear Amy,Jeff and LM,
So little SW has arrived at last! It has been such a long process, and we know it's been hard, wondering if there would ever be an end to the red tape and waiting. But all that's over now, and the four of you can begin your life together.
From what we hear, this is definitely a second adoption made in heaven! I know that SW will add a great deal to the joy that you three already find in one another. And of course, Ashton too.
With every good wish,
Merry Christmas,
Love,
Donna and Ron Ciccone
P.S. We hear that they are blessed with the best grandparents and that Grandmom is quite the Horsewoman!
Welcome home!!!!!! So, so very happy for the 4 of you :) xx
Amy, congrats on your new family of 4! Let the adventures begin! You have a beautiful family!!!!!!!!! <3
Love, Donna
First off, welcome home! Your post could not have described the experience better -- spot on.
There is something about taking advantage of this unique situation that engrains a passion for Moscow (and in our case, also Yekaterinburg since we lived there for 4 weeks). No work. No bills (well...you know what I mean!). Just a focus on the task at hand: a new beginning of life with our newest family addition, as well as our spouse.
I'm so glad I took thousands of photos during our 5 weeks on Trip 2! They drum up these feelings that still burn passionately down deep for the country our daughter is from.
And I am sooooo happy that you and Jeff were able to experience it twice with your two special loves!
Thank you for continuing to share your journey with us!
xoxox,
Laura, Jon and Kristina
P.S. Welcome Home, Sweet Cheeks, and congrats to Big Brother, Little Man!
Post a Comment