For those of you wondering after the last post.... We are still working out the sleep issues and behaviors associated with both no sleep as well as feeling really horrible... I will just say that if you are reading this and have adopted a child internationally, please do not pass go, collect your $200, or buy Park Place UNTIL you have an h-pylori test. I am so so sorry LM -- Inquiries across the year about signs that something wasn't quite right, and it finally took 30+ out of 40 nights of 4 hours or less of you and I sleeping (and just a wee bit of emotion on both of our parts with so little sleep) before I finally advocated loud enough... I will forever be sorry for the discomfort you had, the clear lack of interest in food you ever learned, and the overall impact it has had on your ability to enjoy life the last few months... Please forgive me for not figuring it out sooner... And thank you for still mustering up the energy to try to have fun this summer around the understandably sleepless irritability matched with pain provoked tantrums... Here is some of our fun....
Playing with Pals Lily and Trude on the Moon Bounce
and YES You sat still like a total CHAMP while Mama Ironed your Hair out straight!You thought it was hilarious...
These are some of your fav jammies -- the shirt (which you don't have on) says "Dude, I'm with the band".. and the pants have guitars (which you still love!) all over them!!
We had great fun heading to the beach for a few days in July to spend time with Aunties, Uncles, & Cousins!! Here are some shots of our





5 comments:
I love picture updates!!!
Bless his little heart with the h-pylori!!! I'm SO glad you were able to get some information and answers, and pray this will make a huge difference for LM!! Poor guy...I hate how hard it is sometimes to convince doctors that yes, you 'may' fall into the 'that's typical' category, there ARE times when there is just something not right and they need to take an extra step!!! Glad you were able to!!
Oh my, Amy --- with everything else going on, to function on so little sleep must've just added so much stress! I'll have to read up on h-pylori as I don't know much about it. K only has issues *falling* asleep (she has FOMS, fear of missing something) but once asleep, she's ok. But weight? She has only put on about 4lbs. in over a year -- although grown alot.
I just pray that LM now feels better and in turn, everyone can sleep better. (Look at that hair! Beautiful curls!)
You're an incredible mom despite your lack of sleep and I'm in awe of you. ;)
Hugs to all,
Laura :)
You've found out how accurate your mother's instinct is, Amy K.! So, I hope that dear LM will continue to feel better, sleep better & thus "unlearn" the pain/sleep-deprivation behavior issues. I fully believe he will! He has great parents to help him with that! Love, AN
I am so glad to hear you have an answer--what a relief--but poor little guy for all he went through!!
I know this is already making a huge difference in your lives.
Looks like you have been having a blast as always, great pics!
So sad that he developed some difficult behaviors as a result of his discomfort and let's hope he unlearns them quickly! He's also a very smart 2 1/2 year old who has learned how to "work it" but as they say, "when he's good, he's very, very good". Sometimes, the hardest thing to be is a professional in the healthcare field and the Mom. Good advocating and next time, maybe they will listen!I'm sure he will love you when he's 15 and "someone" gets to see his "hippy" photo! Amazing how he takes so quickly and with no apparent fear of new things, like rides, the ocean, and toys that go, go, go. We love you LM!!! Gamma
Post a Comment