Friday, April 16, 2010

April 12 post coming

this weekend... meanwhile, Please keep the families and children waiting in your thoughts and prayers. Our LM was once a child waiting for a home, and we were a home who thought we knew what it would mean to love a child... One year later, we look in amazement: How little we knew about the love that this little person could bring to our lives -- to light each day like never before... We have found our lives enriched and hearts fuller than we could ever have imagined.... seeing his sweet little face was only the beginning of a lifetime love affair with our son...

And, EVERY SINGLE DAY I have the incredible honor of working with incredibly loving, giving, tuned in families who recognize the nuances of adoption parenting -- who have compassion for their children's pasts, and do all they can to help their children reconcile it into the future.  I know both friends and work related families who have already met children, or were anticipating their "call" any day now....These families have been preparing for their children, reading books, coming to seminars, talking with other families - -their hearts, minds, and resources are ready to become a family with their children.  My heart aches for what these families are feeling right now...  I know that they are feeling worry, angst, heartache, and that, for them right now, every minute feels like hours, while they wait to hear what will come of all this.... but i am remaining OPTIMISTIC that this will work out.

Please help us help our government and the Russian government find a way to resolve this tragic situation... Please respect our governing bodies for all they need to hash through, and for their appropriately cautious and methodical approach - I truly feel everyone wants to find a solution... Please keep the health and emotional well being of the little boy, Artyom, and all the children waiting in Russian baby homes and orphanages around the world -- all children deserve the right to go to bed each night, well fed, feeling loved, and knowing someone is proud of who they are and all they can be in life.   Please keep the people of Iceland and surrounding regions, and the repercussions of the environmental challenges of the volcano eruption, in your thoughts - and that the ashes settle to allow the delegation slated to go to Russia from the US next week to be able to fly safely.

Thank you for considering the below petition to keep adoptions going.  And please feel free to send this link on to anyone you might feel is interested...
 
Children deserve going to bed at night, tummies, hearts and minds full of love and nurturing, and confidence in knowing that they are SPECIAL.
How can the world NOT work together to ensure children the opportunity to get that?
It WILL work out, and adoptions WILL keep going.  Children in the world are counting on it. We cannot let them down.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! I am speechless at the changes in your LM since that picture of you visiting him in Russia. It is amazing what love and prayers can do :-)

Norine said...

I never saw that precious picture of LM, Amy, & how he already was starting to grow his mane. And, I totally feel like you do about what children, by their very nature, deserve. I've signed the petition & am hoping & praying that good comes from all of this. My heart aches for those caught in the middle of this & they are in my heart & prayers, too. May there be a speedy & fair resolution so that families can be united. Love, AN

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Bestill my heart...he is just gorgeous. Oh those eyes and that dark curly hair. He is going to be a heartbraker.

Praying that the Russian adoptions stay open and that things will be mended soon. Especially praying for the boy who is in the middle of all of this mess...

Lori said...

Absolutely...continually I pray for those families and children...was number 374 on that petition and wish I could sign more!!! And friend, I just adore all the pictures of LM! Truly...they warm my heart!
xoxo

Donnadman said...

Ahhhh, THAT picture! Love to you all as you think about your memories of a year ago! BIG HUGS! Love, Donna

Kristy said...

A never-before-seen vintage photo. So cute! It is striking how much he's changed and grown....especially his hair. And ditto on everything else, of course.

Jackie said...

Well said :) And I've already signed the petition.

What a sweet picture, Amy. That face, those cheeks, and those beautiful eyes. How old is he in that shot?

Kris said...

amazing how much he has changed! It is amazing to see how much light and life is in his face now as compared to those first pictures!!

Great post as always and hopefully adoptions keep moving forward while agencies, parents, and governments and all involved with adoptions use this as a learning experience.

Kristy said...

Love those first pictures. I can't believe how little he was and how much he's grown. It's easy to see how you fell in love with him so instantly...how could you not? He has truly gone from a little baby to a boy already. Sheesh....what are you feeding him? haha. I know, spinach!

And yes...we are the truth, all of us families who are just that: families. I can't stand the thought that people won't get to have this experience because of politics and statistic anomalies (out of 50,000 children adopted, there have been under 20 major incidents). Let's hope this gets cleared up pronto and more families can find each other!