Holding Hands....
It is incredible how good it feels to have this little hand reach out to us --- and then he wants to keep it there as he takes us to wherever it is he needs help, wants to wander, or, amazing of amazements, simply just to stand there with us holding our hands (my personal favorite; especially when it's followed with a leg hugging snuggle)...
Week 9 was yet another fun one filled with a lot of joy and first, like reaching out to hold our hands....I am eternally grateful for the years of support from family and friends -- as we worked incredibly hard to get to the point where I had a very flexible situation work wise.... While the last few years were insane, it is so worth it now... But, week 9 found me working not just naps and evenings, but also leaving the house for 1 full day to go into the city for some meetings, and he stayed home with Papa -- they had a fun day together. more on that in a minute. I missed them both, but I must admit, the greeting I received at the end of the day made up for it, and, honestly, fueled me with energy needed to keep up this silly balance called "work-life"/"mommy-worker" thing... god bless you all who work full time outside the home and have kids -- i have no clue where you find your energy from!
Meanwhile, some funny things on our little man in Week 9 --
- Learned to say "ga" for "ready, set, go"....
- In 2 days time, learned almost all the motions to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" - I did it one night at dinner, and the next morning, at story time, low and behold, they did that song. I was floored when he whipped out his fingers for "Itsy" and tried to put his hands on his head for "Sun"... by the end of that day, he was rocking side to side during sun, and had all but the "down came the rain"....
- Learning to stack blocks! (yahoo!)
- Trying to stack llegos (taking apart is so much easier!)
- Holding hands... needless to say, I can't get enough of this...
- LIKING SAND!! I have these little sensory boxes (come on, don't laugh. you had to know it was coming... no worries, tho, he hasn't had a full out craft table "my mommy is an OT" experience yet)... and he finally decided sand was cool....
- Checking in --- when he's doing something, if he thinks we are not paying attention, he'll be sure we are... be it yelling, laughing, stopping and staring at us, or coming over to us and standing there like "hey, are you watching or what?"
Here he is -- checking in and looking up at me --
Man is he cute or what?
I don't think I will EVER get tired of this sweet little face coming in to check in...Man is he cute or what?
Ok, biased comment by mom...
- Laughing laughing laughing... he is laughing and smiling and likes to start games that will get us laughing -- like hiding behind my back, or running around the sofa to "hide" -- he has also discovered this week the "fun" of initiating rough house play -- if we lay on the floor, he'll dive all over us and giggle like mad..
So, while we were short on photos for this week (camera battery issue), we did get it up and running for his "9 week home" photo....
perhaps it was his black eye that had him embarrassed and not happy w/ a photo??
more next week :)





6 comments:
Not fair! All of my girls have been on my blog with casts, in the ER, etc. I can't believe we don't get to see the LM's black eye! He will brag about it one day. It should be on his blog!
I agree....you gotta show a boy's first black eye...it's a rite of passage! But I love that Ashton is still there, ready to pose. hehe. Oh, and on working and mommyhood---lots and lots of coffee by morn and wine by night. It's the only way!
You hit the nail on the head for me when you say how much you love LM slipping his little hand into yours, Amy K.!! It's one of my most precious memories of JT when he was little. I still cherish the thought. Sounds like LM is full of fun so he's apt to have more tumbles in his boyhood, but he'll have a good time. :) Love, A. Norine & U. Tom
You are so good at keeping up with the blog and documenting all of Little Man's adventure!! (I am so behind).
As for that face looking up at you...I hear you. He is a doll. I could never tire of that either...never will with my girl...LOVE IT!! Nola is so into the hand holding and coming to get me and bring me here or there or showing me this or that. It's so sweet, isn't it?
Big hugs.
ha ha ha. you guys crack me up.
we actually couldn't even get him NEAR his chair for whatever reason and we didn't push it... jeff's idea and great sense of humor shining thru with the "no show" photo :)
we did get a "post healing" black eye shot -- stay tuned... unfortunately, our camera was DEAD pretty much the entire week so we have few photos from the week or the eye... have no fear. i have no problem documenting his war wounds -- and his little scar will be even more to love by all the girls in years to come :) thanks all for your great comments :)
awww I love how Leeza holds my hand too! Leeza LOVES Itsy Bitsy Spider, when you're happy and you know it, and row row row your boat!!
Little Man is so obviously very smart, happy, secure and loved in his new home...and hey..it's not a party until somebody gets a black eye. right?
xoxoxo
Post a Comment