Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Overdue: ...Our Golden One...

This post is overdue... in so many ways. And yet, at the same time, it is right on time. Because if it wasn't posted now, that means it wouldn't be him. And he, is perfect!!

We have been home almost 1 week. And, it has been 10 days since we first met him... And, I miss him all the time. It's crazy, isn't it? To miss someone that you just met? I had the same feeling the week after Jeff left California when we first met, tho, so at least I recognize it as a good sign and not unusual that when you meet someone and know it's the right someone, "right on" for missing them.. And I do miss our little man...

Anyway, on the train there, I was reading our Russian phrasebook (thanks, Joan!!) and found was "relationship" phrases -- mind you, I was pleasantly annoying Jeff with all sorts of non-helpful little phrases but he perked up when I got to this section...-- I kid you not, we rolled for several minutes at the first listings:
  • I like you, can I see you again?
  • We need to talk.
  • Things are not working, but I think we can find a way.
  • I want to see other people
Pretty much sums up dating, eh?? LOL.

Back to the regularly scheduled topic: little man.. So, then I found "love phrases"... and while i found "little pidgeon" most hilarious, the last in the list was "golden one"... Which is what the caregiver on day 1 called our little guy... and it's so fitting.... here is a snippet of him..
Not sure what the phrase is for cute little chubby calves,
but boy they sure are.. the picture doesn't do them justice :)

Every day, we miss him tremendously. Going to get him is now officially overdue, as well. But, our hearts are full, and we know that feeling has been much waited for.... we know our wait is not nearly as long as others, and while we originally thought it would be shorter, we are taking each day as it comes, keeping our humor, and keeping our hope. This little boy that has been overdue in our lives is so right for our lives --
Sleep well, little man... we can't wait to come get you and bring you home!!!

6 comments:

Chris Haven said...

Hi Amy, I got your message. I actually got the email from someone else, so go ahead and use it. You can add to it and mail to friends and family. The more that know about this adoption credit issue the better. Where are you adopting from? Blessings.

Tanya and Don said...

It won't be long and you will be wondering where the time has gone! You have truly been blessed to become the mom of such an awesome little man. Can't wait for you to go back and get him.

Kris said...

He is truly the Golden One! Cannot wait to see him in person and to watch him rumbling and tumbling around with our boys and fighting over the Fillmore girls!!

The Gum Gang said...

Amy, I somehow missed your update on the blog! Just wanted to officially say congratulations in Blog-world. You will make great parents. Can't wait to hear details of your next trip. Take lots of pictures!

Laura said...

I think we're finally running with semi-consistent internet so now I can keep up with your blog!

Your chosen one is such a lucky little boy! I love sneak peak pictures....keeps the curiousity going and lets the imagination run wild.

Many blessings to you guys -- you so deserve all the happiness that this little boy will bring you!

Love,
Laura **bleep, bleep!**

Susan said...

aww great post. I am still mad i never knew you were going thru this....:)