Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Keep on Keepin On"

Saint Theresa's Prayer
May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be
.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you..
May you be content knowing you are a child of God..
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing,
Dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

Prayers...come on people, get those prayers moving, and always know that you are surrounded with them and good energy at all times by your friends/family/etc... those of you who've known me a lifetime know that I have always been spiritual and always believed that there was a better energy that was watching over this world -- never knew what to call it, but believe to this day that it is there.... This adoption journey has brought about some interesting learning/living/growing opportunities... and, I was recently talking with another PAP (prospective adoptive parent) about how this journey has really brought a lot of time for thinking, learning to pray again, and believing that there is a plan...seems the journey brings lots of us to a place in our hearts and minds where we know it is not up to us, and that the plan is set, and it is our job to do the best we can along the way....sure, we may not always like what happens, and we may never know how things "make sense" in the bigger plan... but, simply it is. I have always felt that things happen for a reason.
As my brother might put it "just ride the wave the ocean is too big to figure out all the pieces".... Always a reason... So, my great friend Becca sent this to me today...I am supposed to send it to 8 people and in 11 minutes i will get what i want. Really? 11 minutes? hm....So, I figured, why not? If i Post it on the blog, TONS of avid readers who are just dying for more information and incredibly gripping writing from me on the blog will come forth and read it and i'll have TONS of "whatever" i want in much less than 11 minutes....or at least the answers to today's prayers of mine to keep calm, keep the faith, and keep going... A modern day theologist might proclaim that what St. Theresa meant was basically: "Keep on keepin' on people, there IS a plan"... May others enjoy and gain some "keepin on" energy from reading this.... thanks, Bec, for passing it on!! meanwhile, the prayers will keep flowing from our home out to all of yours -- and we'll give you more than 11 minutes to respond.

1 comment:

Laura said...

OK...took me less than 3 minutes to respond...I truly hope your wish comes true!!

I've been known to be looked at while talking to myself in my car...but what I'm really doing is simply praying! It got me where I am right now and I pray for peace and joy for you guys, as well.

Ciao for now!

~Laura xoxo