Saturday, August 4, 2012

June 2012 6 months home!!


...Playdate Lunch fun...SC insisted on hanging with the boys!...

A fellow adoptive mom had told me "6 months" -- was about when she started to gain her "equilibrium" as a mom -- and when the kids started to settle into one another...  I held onto that during some really long days filled with one squabble or emotional meltdown or another... The month off in March got my health back on straight with a great reduction in migraines and a final sayonora to the chronic sinusitus... that in itself helped - I felt human and able to better do the kind of job as a mom I wanted to do...  I also consciously increased the "we do X together" games --- I made up a lot of games that we used throughout the day that forced the kids to both play together and had a lot of repetition so that they could practice over and over doing things together, and/or taking turns doing something with me while the other one waited....And, in June, we hit 6 months. And she was right...things have settled in for all of us... and while there was lots of fun before, it is much more "normal" daily living for us! and man are these kids cute and my heart melts watching and being with them!
...SC was SOOO excited to get her very own pair of glasses...
She wore them for at least 1/2 hour after this!

...Visiting the River House...

...hiking and then playing to our favorite "watering holes"...
 
...LM had his last day of camp at school..
I was so proud of his writing skills and his joy at writing a thank you note for his teachers...

...If you look closely above the "o", you will see the action figure that inspired this driveway art...
...Practicing writing... he wants to spell EVERYTHING...

June was also enjoyed via a much long overdue trip out to play with Gamma and meet her cutie horse! SC had never seen horses "live" and in person, it was sweet to watch how excited she was...
..."Hello, Wellington... I am SC"...

...LOVE seeing her wrap papa around her finger more and more...

...Meeting up with BFF from school for a fun summer playdate!...

Somehow, these two little monkeys have figured out that neither is going anywhere... and while they still do "fight for pole position on my lap"and I still pull out the games at our "peak" challenging times during the day (Mainly first thing in the morning -Who knew I could be such  a rare and extremely valued commodity? Especially first thing in the AM and they can literally spark bar fights over me if I am not careful!)
...Side of the Road Car Fun...

Carnival time!!! Sure do LOVE Carnies and all the fun they bring! We took SC to several - this was her "first" and she wasn't even slightly worried to leave us and go on the rides!!
 
...Places to go... people to see...


I love the way the photo efforts to get the 5 O'Clock somewhere shot showed...

... LM says: "I am watching you, but don't want anyone to see me smile..."
and PS: where is your shoe?

...SC says...."Sigh... My big brother is just the best"..
Doesn't her facial expression seem to say that???

..."It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere"...
...and in the end, as often happens, LM takes charge of assuring a fun time...


2 comments:

Laura said...

omgosh...where has the time gone? SC has been home 6 months but it seems like she's been a part of your family forever. Congrats on getting over all the hurdles thus far and taking time for YOU. I admire you beyond what words can express --- and looking at the sweet faces of your two beautiful children is evidence of what a super mom you are!

Glad to see SC takes to sunglasses so well...she'll need them next year on the cruise! :)

Hugs,
Laura

Kris said...

happy 6 months! She has gotten so big--glad they are bcoming buddies!! so cute and so sweet to watch I am sure.
Love the pics as always--they are gorgeous kiddos!