Partially Slathered!!
I do have to admit, things got a little crazy after this... Having given him the "Have at it and have fun" nod, suddnely I didn't have an unpainted hand, arm, foot, leg, belly, or toe around... he covered himself laughing all the way, and rolling his jolly self all over the paper and floor....and i was a wee bit covered myself so we didn't grab the camera -- but we did grab a bath! it was a really fun afternoon!!
Continued on with tradition and merriment...
And, of course, Christmas morning.... After reading Santa Duck at least 500x this holiday season, he was all about what he would wake up to!!! We followed our tradition of 3 presents.. and he will tell you "I get 3 gifts just like Baby Jesus got 3 gifts"... He also will, to this day, play "I be baby Jesus, and you be Mary, Mama... and Papa be Joseph"... We had several interesting occassions where we were NOT Mary or Joseph, but rather animals in the live nativity scene he was playing out... There was one particularly funny afternoon shortly before the New Year, we were at a house with a sliding closet that was empty, and LM grabs my mom and leads her to the closet -- pushing her in saying "you be the cow".... it was hilarious and god love Gamma as she played right along as I stepped into the closet.. she asked me "Will he let us out?".. and I said something to the effect of, "This is true trust in one's child we are allowing him to put us into the closet, shut the door... and know he'll open it"....as we stood their mooing and neah-ing like cow and donkey....we were smiling.
Then came our Xmas day Hike!
Amazed and giggling both that he didn't fall and that we let him run down...
We went bowling just a few days after Christmas -- it was his first time -- clearly he LOVED it!!
Thanks for following along!!! It was a fun wrap up to a busy and fun holiday season!!!





5 comments:
love the painting pics, looks like a blast!
He is as cute as ever!!!
Love it! The painting ... oh my. I want to do that -- well, not me, but let Nola have at it. I think I need therapy first, though ... LOL ;)
He is just the cutest, Amy. xo
Ha, ha...love the wrapping paper idea and I know someone else who would absolutely LOVE it, too!! (Very OT, you know...) :)
Can't wait to see you soon -- only wish I was bringing K so LM and K could have a mini-reunion. Next time!
Hugs,
Laura
Wow, that definitely is impressive to trust being put into a closet and believing that you will come out soon! Maybe you need to tell him that the animals were right around the baby Jesus and not in a separate stable with the door closed ;-)
I've had a long few days and reading this post gave me some much needed smiles, so thank you :-)
Glad to see that you are catching up on the blog! I am working my way back to the present on mine too. Love the wrapping paper and am really jealous of your Christmas day hike.
Can't wait for your next update!
Post a Comment