I am a lucky woman to have these boys in my life!
Where were we??? well....
Life has been full, as it is for everyone!! We were so lucky to spend a week together as a family --- LM spent his first overnight at my mom's with my mom, stepdad, and his Uncle Brian and Cousin Katie to kick off the week! Jeff and I went to his 25 year HS reunion... (my 25 i in like 15 years. ha ha ha)... He had a blast, doing things like Johny Test's doggie's name is Dukie, and how to play WII and all sorts of other fun "never do at home" things :) He had a blast and we were grateful to everyone who pitched in to enjoy an overnight with him... We all visited with Uncle Brian on Sunday and on Monday morning, we hopped a flight to the sunshine and palm trees FLORIDA!! Our first "just us" vacation was just awesome...
of the closing of an incredibly beautiful day (week) with my men...
We made last minute plans for a week off that snuck up on us -- and headed to Florida!! Where else do two, otherwise mellow (read: typically camping is our biggest go away gig) go on their first family vacation with their awesome little boy? You got it -- Orlando, baby!!
The week was just fantastic! We went to Sea World twice, so the pictures are combined (we are light packers and it was not purposeful but somehow I managed to dress LM in the same shirt both days! But, I want him to know when he reads this book that we were there for 2 days!)... He was loving every minute of it, and really, so were we...
..."Look Papa, he touch me!"...
...Sting Ray Fun...
PS: isn't the joy and togetherness of the couple in the bottom left corner cool? I wish I knew them to send them this photo... I hope someday Jeff and I will be caught by some "young family" as the "older couple" who clearly are happy together.
PS: isn't the joy and togetherness of the couple in the bottom left corner cool? I wish I knew them to send them this photo... I hope someday Jeff and I will be caught by some "young family" as the "older couple" who clearly are happy together.
Sea World is really just amazing -- The animals are gorgeous and what they learn to do to control their huge bodies for a fish just defies the laws of motor control & body mass... LM loved every minute of it, and for the week afterward was playing "trainer" and getting his stuffed Clyde to do things. Even now, a few weeks later, if I stand and hold an arm up and "turn", he will say "I be whale, you tell me turn. You give me fish"...
Our no fear little adventurer was all over going on the trampoline/bungee "ride" -- I think the park guy hooking kids on and off was floored that he wasn't even 3 yet....
We were also completely delighted to re-connect with our travel mates to Kirov, Chris and Celeste and their son, N.... The boys, I swear, recognized one another right away... When they walked into the pool area, there were a bunch of other kids LM was playing with -- He literally dropped his football and ran right over to N, and from then on, they were fast friends and playing the entire time together.... We were so happy our friend Susan and her daughter, Leeza (Baby Kaz Fan blog) were able to meet us, to!! We missed seeing a few other FLA friends, and hope next time we can connect!!
We also went to Disney! Mainly because we were there, and LM had never seen fireworks and my big man had never been. So, how could we not go? While most of the park was simply too old for him, we got there at 1, left at 9pm, and I don't think we left a pebble unturned of things he could do for his size and age...
As any good vacation would have it.
A boy after my crazy rollercoaster heart... His absolute favorite ride was the Barnyard Coaster...
The night wound down and we headed back to the castle for the real deal fireworks...
And there ya have it -- It truly was an amazing, blessing of a week.... And a great place to celebrate our....





5 comments:
Ok. I am so upset that you didn't tell me you were coming to Florida. I am ONLY an hour from Orlando. Either way, looks like you had a blast and so glad LM loved Disney. I have tried emailing you a few times recently, but it has bounced back. Can you email me at rushlo at hotmail dot com.
Fun vacation! You guys deserved that. Loved the sunset picture...feels like you just need a margarita in your hand. :) LM is getting so big, what are you feeding him? Glad you had a chance to get away and enjoy some time together.
Looks like a perfect vacation, Hon. So glad you had good weather & so much fun with your little roller-coaster dude & his friend Clyde. And, pretty remarkable how 2 old friends from long ago in Kirov recognized each other! Wow! That's amazing! It's also nice to hear that Uncle Brian can be trusted around his little nephew again without teaching him how to be a rough neck. Hahaha. So glad my dear godson was behaving himself. Yeah, I'll bet. LOL. HOpe to see you soon, Amy K. Love, AN
What a wonderful family vacation! I'm still in awe that we were there at the same time and couldn't manage to hook up. Just our style to be thousands of miles from home and end up in the same town!
Anyways, LM and Kristina definitely share lots of the same interests (loving the Barnyard Coaster in Toon Town) but LM will have to show Kristina how to brave the fireworks show. We can't even be in ear-shot of "boomers"...
Love the photos...definitely they depict a very happy little boy loved so dearly by a lucky mama and papa.
Hugs to you all,
Laura :)
Looks like an amazing trip!!! Love the huge smiles on his face!
So nice to escape and enjoy that family time together!
Post a Comment