
...Our Gang With LM Holding my Necklace Charm on trip 2...
...I swear he "recognized" it before me...
...I swear he "recognized" it before me...
Two posts in one week? Don't worry, I am not getting crazy here .... this is Just a quick post.
Ever have a day that you feel like, "Huh, it is so strange how it all works?"
LM starts school tomorrow. He had a fabulous day, albeit for one rough start at 5am and one drop down tantrum about using the potty after dinner. But, we have had more good days than challenging ones, and overall, he seems to be feeling better. Anyway, I had been praying on it being a good day, being as it was the "last" day before he started school, and I am so worried about how it will go -- will he cry? (and be hard) or will he run away and be fine (and be hard and make me worry that attachment is not going well afterall?) or will he be indifferent and then mad at me when I come back to get him (and make me worry that he is insecurely attached). Oh it is no good at all to know as much as I know sometimes...
Anyway, as the day moved away from early morning, it was a day that I was feeling really good that maybe things were falling into place... When we foun ourselves at Office Depot this afternoon... and the story that inspired this post occurred.
Neurotic mama that I am, I printed photos for him and was getting them laminated so that he could take them on a little ring and keep in his pocket or carry with him -- so that if he gets lonely and needs to see us to remember we love him, he has it.
In line, one of those "hope the world sees me like that"kind of high energy, happy smiley woman is standing there. She asks LM, "School project?".. So, I explain.
She finds the idea fabulous, and shuns my statement that the teachers are probably going to say "rut ro, this kid has a crazy lady for a mom"... and, instead tells me that she was a pre-school teacher for 20 years, and that she thought it was a great idea. We get to talking and this amazingly cheerful and positive energy woman's necklace glimmers at me -- she had on a cross with a fish on it from Silpada. I gave a smile and told her that I loved her necklace...
And that it was my favorite charm for a long and special time in our lives...
and you know what???
She literally took it off and handed it to me.
She said she had bought 10 because she liked them so much and that her goal was to give them away over the years since to people she met whom she thought could use the energy it brought with it.
So, then I told her the story that I really don't go around town telling. especially now that LM hears and repeats (and understands!) everything!
I tell her that two years ago, I bought the same necklace -- and I wore it just about every day while we agonized our way through an adoption with a happy ending... and about how it was that very same necklace that our LM kept fingering and trying to eat when we met him on Easter Sunday -- and how that charm will always remind me of a happy ending.
I think we were both welling up because she then said she just knew there was an energy and reason drawing her to give me the charm...
And then I told her the rest of the story:
That we just gathered our paperwork for LM sibling on Friday. And that I've been feeling lost this last month putting it all together without having my cross.
As you can imagine, I may even just sleep in it tonight. And say a prayer of gratitude for "Dee" before I dream myself into a new day... the day our older child goes out into the world on his own bit again...and a day that I will wake up knowing that the alignment of how things "should be" has clearly begun, and it is our job to wait patiently for our next miracle...
all because of the kindness of a stranger... God Bless Ya, "Dee".





7 comments:
Wow...what an encounter -- what are the chances? Things happen and people come into our lives -- all for a purpose -- and sweet Dee was there when you needed her, even tho' you didn't know it!
So now we're all wondering....how did LM do at school? Or better yet, how did Mama do? Oh, these firsts that we treasure. Thanks for continuing to share them with us!
Blessings to you, dear friend,
Laura
P.S. Maybe I missed it...but what happened to your original necklace?
Amazing. Just amazing. I absolutely love that story and love Dee and want to be just like her!!!
xoxoxoxo
And, how DID school go?
I can't tell you how good it is to get back to your blog & read it, Amy! I was in LM withdraw with our 2 pc crashes. Thanks so much for sending the video text of your little baseball player & I've played it over & over. Your story about the necklace brought tears to my eyes, as I consider things like that to be "God-incidents", not coincidents. He's letting you know that he's with you every step of the way with LM AND his little sibling. :) Hope to see you soon & meanwhile, I'll be anxious to hear about his adjustment to school...and yours, hahaha. Love, AN
WOW, Amy. Thanks for sharing such a touching story!
x
incredible story... AMAZING moments! :)
Beautiful story! What a wonderful world of chance encounters that makes up our lives. Good luck with the paper chase and trying to stay calm throughout it all. I can only imagine what it will be like a second time around.
Can you put a video of LM talking on your blog? I would love to here his little sayings that you describe. He is growing up so quickly! What a great big brother he will be!
Wow....what a powerful story. Amazing!! I remember when we were in between trips, after we had met the kidlets but had not yet gone to court, some perfect strangers (to us) who knew someone who knew someone who knew us sent us these sweet little bears made by women in Afghanistan who were trying to have money to educate their girls for our future children. It was incredible. I still get teary thinking about it. I swear the world literally opens up with love for our babies, and we are so blessed. Good thing, because we need Divine Intervention to survive the process and transition. :)
I can't wait for you to meet Junior LM and bring him (her?) home!!!!
Post a Comment