It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks, launched by a GREAT evening with my good friends Elton (John), Billy (Joel), and of course, Becca (great pal from college who's couch I slept on a lot in the last few years during the PhD fun!), Kelly (mutual friend of ours from work), and Jeff (Kelly's Jeff, not mine -- someone had to stay home with LM!)... My sweet husband gave me the tickets to get me my first "girls night out" moment. It was a great concert and fun hanging out!
Notice the new song added to the playlist. Oh how true this song rings for all we adoptive families!
The next day, he and I went out to the home of a really sweet friend who has a daughter she adopted from K. as well -- just a really great mom, who has one amazing little girl, and she and some of the other families there have been very supportive of our journey to bring home LM... She was kind enough to have a really nice gathering at her home -- it was really fun to be with really fun families through adoption!! and LM LOVED the horses!! Thanks so much B and M for having us down!!!
Inch Worm Inch Worm....
Then, Aunt Joan came to town -- While you were all pining away for pictures and stories of LM, she was here for 7 of the 14 days of "when will we see him again" blogger blues... ha ha ha ha ha...anyway, This was "the" weekend -- the one I've been wondering since before we came home "was it too soon" -- Yup, me needing to be gone for 5 days in a row, teaching up at M.... Joan and I teach the a course together there, and it is always fun -- This year there was added fun because Jeff and LM came up, too, for part of the time! Jeff got to see what full time parenting is like, and I got to dip my toes into full time working (not interested in full fulltime working, in case anyone wanted to know!)... Overall, things went great -- Jeff was, of course, amazing with him and I think the time was really important and helped them get over a bonding hurdle, too!! Overall, the week went well, ok, with the exception of one small problem...
LM Really Doesn't Like Aunt Joan at all...
We will need to work on this. Good thing she's coming to town every few months to work on her doctorate, so they'll have plenty of time for him to work out his issues with her.... ha ha ha.Oh, and another small problem...
No, he is not just "Shushing" you, he is hiding his new big fat lip.
Don't ask. It is along the lines of the black eye story....
Boys will be boys, and apparently that means black eyes, fat lips, and "mums the word" on how it happened when talking about it around Mama..... LOL.
Unfortunately, i was not moving quick enough this particular night as he then took his spoon and dug right into hot and spicy salsa, but it sure was entertaining...
"listen, kid, life ain't just all about being cute"
but, as you can see, he is JUST not getting the point..
and THEN we went to our friend's home on the lake in NJ --- They are great people who adopted 2 great boys from Kz, and I just love both how well they've manage 2 kids so well with a great sense of humor and very clear team parenting... We have had the honor and pleasure of calling Lisa and Chris friends for the last few years, and it was really a great day and so fun to introduce our LM to them and their fun boys!!
Not at all the best angle of any of us -- 3 kids, 2 moms, and 2 dads manning the cameras...you an imagine what the rest of the pictures in the "series" ...
And THEN, came the moment we've all been waiting for... you know, the one you've all been sitting on the edges of your saddles for?? Ok, still not getting it? Well, for starters, here is the "prep" work we did to get him into the idea...
Right there, LM, on Page 226 --
The one that it reads "First step: wear helmet"...
The one that it reads "First step: wear helmet"...
He walked right in and put it on, all by himself. He even snapped it solo but I insisted it not be snapped. He walked right over, and after a minor rebellion of "I'd rather see the puppies (again)", he got up on the horse with my mom... Here he is...
Oh, and HEY, there other horses over there...
Man, you guys sure look small from way up here"
- In the mornings, when I say "Do you want Cheerios?" (after eating his "superporridge" from the "SUPER BABY FOODS" book (AWESOME book if you dont 'already have it!), he will POINT to the cabinet above the fridge and shake his head yes
- Today, he wanted something -- SPONTANEOUSLY he did the "more" sign with the sound "mo", then pointed at what he wanted, and then went to his chest and did his "Please" move.
- Trying to make new 2 syllable sounds. Ok, so it sounds like he i saying "knock knock" all the time....
- Names body parts: head, ears, eyes, mouth, teeth, nose, belly, knees, toes (my brother wanted to know today when we were going to teach him "butt" word -- hilarious)
- Engaging with us, and I mean full on, for examples ----- staring me down for a kissing fest, and jumping on us to "rough house" with him
- "Street Performance Artist practice - the "find it under the cup" game has become quite popular here -- he now takes my hands, puts an toy or food in them,and flips it over then pretends to "find" it in my hand... hilarious!
- The list goes on, but let me just say, if you can't see the changes in him over the last 2 weeks in the next photo, then please scroll back to posts from the past. This was the first week I "Saw" what others have been saying are changes -- and they are all good, and he just keeps getting sweeter and smarter and sensible and silly :)
3 months with you, Little Man...We so love you, and are inspired by you and your resilience and your enthusiasm for enjoying every single day. You are so smart, and you are super silly!!! Thank you for coming into our lives. How wonderful life is, now that you are in our world....





12 comments:
can't believe how much he has changed since we saw him last!! It just goes so quick it is crazy! I miss him, hopefully we can get organized and get together soon!!
OMG...he is so darn cute!! Yummy!!!
...and for those folks who KNOW that EVERYONE should wear a helmet when they ride a horse, even little kiddles, let me explain that the childs' helmet that I do have was way too big, even being adjusted, and would have choked the child had it fallen off. He was very safe up there in my arms and I hope it is the first of many "shared" rides we have together over the years, either in tandem or on two horses. Every time I see him (and even when I don't) I thank Amy for sharing him with me in such the very special way that she does. As Brad Pitt said (I only quote the most sage of people from People Mag), "our children find us" and I truly believe that, whether they are born to us or come to us through adoption. This little boy found Amy and Jeff and we are so grateful that he did! Love, Mom(Gamma)
You are definitely a fun and cool mom! You are a lot like us, always on the go! It appears you also have a momma's boy, isn't it the sweetest thing! Time does fly way to quickly. Glad he is doing well. He is such a doll!
He is so cute it should be a crime!! I am glad to see that he is all boy with the injuries. I am comfortable knowing that we have already reached our deductable for ER visits this year so we are covered when the boys get more active!! Looking forward to your visit soon!
oh, those curls, that smile, those chunky legs (I know, it's just the angle...) --- just warms my heart!
He's a blessing, Amy, and it's such a joy to "see" you so happy. And oh --- to see Aunt Joan, too!
Keep smilin'!!
Hugs,
Laura :)
awwwww so adorable! he is doing so well, and is so smart! and hey-fat lips and black eyes are signs of being a man. :)
I think i should check out that superfoods book!!
great update. :) i love reading about your love adventure with your son! :)
LM has the most amazing cheeks that it must be difficult to stop kissing them, Mom. I love the pic of him laughing so hard, as well as the one of him astride Tre with Gamma. He is a well-loved toddler & has brought so much love across the ocean with him. Blessings on all of you! Love, Aunt Norinedimet
oops...I didn't change my name. I just messed up on the "word verification" deal. Lol. Aunt Norine
My favorite picture this week was the one where LM and the hound are forlornly trapped inside the house. They look like bosom buddies. Watch out--they WILL scheme against you. We have two kids and two hounds and together, they form an impenetrable force!
And I've yet to meet him, but he HAS changed a lot, just in the pics even.
I could gat lost in his eyes. Seriously, I could just sit there and run my fingers through those curls and watch his big eye lashes blink. He looks so happy... heck you all look over the moon. Keep up the blog. I am addicted.
LM is VERY cute!!!!! And what a smart boy!
I saw EJ/BJ a few years ago and it was fantastic! What a show!
Post a Comment