Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hope --1 solitary life at a time.. Starfish story!

Hope. We all try to have it, we all have dreams and goals w e hope for. Last night reminded me yet again of this season of hope in which we live... and the story that 1 life, really can make a difference on others..
The service was amazing last night, and I was so happy to yet again have another Xmas Eve mass with my mom by my side... Together we sang -- lit candles, and hoped. Dr. Larson reminded us -- Christmas is about hope -- about imagination, about dreaming, and about believing ... And about believing in the concept of 1 solitary life. The same incredible man gets up every years, for 20 years now I learned last night, and tells the story of 1 solitary life -- of a man who was born quietly in a manger far away, as was foretold and many believed. and about how he went on to be a figure greater than any other in the history of earth... And I wondered -- where is the manger for our little man? we know, we believe, we await with glory and expectation (ok, and tears, I admit it!) for the day 1 little man will change our lives for the rest of our history.. and, change the world in his own little way. For this, we hope..
1 solitary life. hope.
And today, I re-found this old story that I have loved every time I read it -- It is a story of perseverance, of 1 solitary man with a goal, and quiet persistance.. of 1 man, who hoped, and it had a ripple effect. Enjoy the story! And, for whatever it is you are wanting, do not stop HOPE. it will have meaning for more than just you -- your hope will ripple out to others... HOPE.

No comments: